We learned that what Elizabeth needed was:
- access to available clean, safe, legitimate and affordable sober housing;
- to follow the 12 Steps of programs like AA and NA;
- being required to practice a 12 Step Program in order to live at a sober house;
- transportation to and from work, school, counseling,
- medical appointments, and meetings;
- suitable clothing for a job or for a job interview;
- medical insurance;
- prescription co-pays;
- healthy food.
She loved getting:
- membership at a fitness center;
- manicures, pedicures, and her hair done;
- a new outfit, often from the second-hand clothing store;
- money for the holidays;
- gift cards (Publix, Starbucks, gas)
- random acts of kindness.
Therefore, a primary objective of our mission is to offer basic necessities to those working to get clean or sober in order to help them stay that way.